ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects to change what's on a TV, etc.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Luke Stenger
After Effects to change what's on a TV, etc.
on Mar 29, 2010 at 9:48:35 pm

I have a video clip in which a DVD is playing on a TV, but I want to replace the TV's display with something else. How can Adobe After Effects CS3 achieve this goal? I've never had to use this program before.

Return to posts index

Stuart Elith
Re: After Effects to change what's on a TV, etc.
on Mar 29, 2010 at 11:43:09 pm

AE can definitely do this, but you are going to have to learn a lot of basics before you have success with this. If the shot is COMPLETELY still it will be a lot easier, if there is any camera movement then there's more skills you'll need to learn to achieve your effect.

A good place to start is Video Copilot, they have a series of basics tutorials that will help you start to get familiar with the software.

http://www.videocopilot.net/basic/

Return to posts index

David Downie
Re: After Effects to change what's on a TV, etc.
on Mar 30, 2010 at 7:05:25 am

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/rabinowitz_aharon/Mocha_Tut_1.php

In this Tutorial, Creative Cow Leader Aharon Rabinowitz shows you a complete workflow for using Imagineer Systems Mocha with Adobe After Effects to create a perspective corner pin effect - an effect typically used for sign replacement or compositing video on a computer or television screen. Even if you're not using After Effects as your compositing application, you will still find the lesson extremely useful, as it focuses almost entirely on the use of Mocha's powerful 2.5D planar tracking system. After Effects users not using Mocha will also find some of the compositing tips at the end very helpful as well.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]