ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Text animation: grow with "bounce"

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy AllenText animation: grow with "bounce"
by on Mar 29, 2010 at 7:24:07 pm

I know the basics of using the text animators with the range selectors, offsets, selector shape, etc, but I can't quite figure this out..

I'm trying to animate each letter in a word to start at 0% scale, grow to say 110% and then return to 100%. I'm using an offset with the Ramp Up shape, based on Characters. So I'm able to scale the letters from 0% - 100%, but I can't figure out how to make the letters go beyond 100% and then back to 100%. You've seen the effect a million times and I figured this would be easily recreated with the animator.

I played with the wiggly selector and I couldn't quite get it to do what I wanted. Then I thought I could just add another scale property, but apparently you can only have one scale property per animator.

Can anyone give me any pointers on this basic effect?

---------------------------------------------
8core MacPro, 3.0 GHZ, 10GB RAM, OSX 10.5.6

C4D 11.5
AE CS3
FCP 6.0.1

Return to posts index

Steve RobertsRe: Text animation: grow with "bounce"
by on Mar 29, 2010 at 7:38:48 pm

This is a "but this one goes to eleven" discussion.

Why don't you increase point size of the letters and animate from 90% to 100%?

Return to posts index

Jeremy AllenRe: Text animation: grow with "bounce"
by on Mar 29, 2010 at 7:39:36 pm

ok, so after I posted that, I figured out how to add a second animator with scale. I set up the 2nd animator just like the first one, but pushed the offset keyframes down the timeline a few frames. So now animator 1 scales up from 0% and animator 2 scales from 150% back to 100%. It seems kinda backwards to me but for some reason it works. Is this the best way to achieve this effect, or can it be done with only one animator?

---------------------------------------------
8core MacPro, 3.0 GHZ, 10GB RAM, OSX 10.5.6

C4D 11.5
AE CS3
FCP 6.0.1

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]