ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

DVD Studio Pro: I'm making the menu + client is assembling functionality = DISASTER?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Danielle PabloDVD Studio Pro: I'm making the menu + client is assembling functionality = DISASTER?
by on Mar 28, 2010 at 3:28:13 am

Hi -

I'm a motion graphics designer. I have a client who wants me to create a DVD. The theory is, I will create the animations for the dvd, and give them to the client who will assemble them and assign the functionality in DVD Studio Pro.

I don't know what kind of experience my client has working with imported movies as menu and transition items. I have plenty of AE experience but no DVDSP experience, and I'm afraid, just based on my limited knowledge of how dvds are set up, that this could become a nightmare.

What do I need to know to be able to do this? The clients wants a looping video in the main home screen, and some kind of simple animation when screens load, and then again after you press a button to get you to the next screen.

I have no problem creating any of the animations, but I want to know what format they need to be in. Can I just create a bunch of movies and have him string them together when he assembles the dvd? As in, I create a menu where the clip plays, the navigation buttons animate on, and then the thing plays out with a 'loop to' point so that you don't have to watch the menu assemble again when it loops.

Then do I create another movie for each of the buttons when you press them?
If I do create another movie for each button press, do I create a movie with an alpha channel that can be overlayed, or do I butt the button press movie up against the looping movie?
If I do this - what happens to the video that is looping - it gets abruptly stopped... surely this is not the way to do it.

It seems like some of this stuff I can't do on my end, or that it would be easier for me to build the DVD instead, but I don't know DVDSP well enough to know.

Any feedback at all would be really great, and probably save me a lot of headaches in the future.

thanks
Danielle

Return to posts index

Alperen T. AyhanRe: DVD Studio Pro: I'm making the menu + client is assembling functionality = DISASTER?
by on Mar 28, 2010 at 4:38:04 am

Dear Danielle,
I hope the link below will give you some idea in advanced way. That tutorial is about Adobe Encore but preparation starts in after effects. And if you take a look at DVDSP( click this link and see how simple it is:

, there is nothing to be worry about it) , you just need to do your animation videos, rest of it is up to your client.

http://videocopilot.net/tutorials/dvd_authoring/

Alperen T. AYHAN
http://www.sinamasal.com
Always cinema...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]