ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

lower third

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Burnslower third
by on Mar 26, 2010 at 9:57:40 pm

I'm tryin to create this lower third I purchased from Digital Juice for another sport. I have created most of it but I'm having problems with the outer fringe. It kinda looks rough and staticky. Also on the right side the sparklers that appear around the edge. I've tried a few different effects and can't seem to get it right. Any one have any ideas?

Thanks, Chris-MN

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: lower third
by on Mar 26, 2010 at 10:03:34 pm

[Chris Burns] "I'm tryin to create this lower third I purchased from Digital Juice for another sport."

Which one, curling? Hurling? Burling? Just jokin'.

It sounds like you're not making the proper kind of alpha channel. There are two, straight and premultiplied... and it sounds like you've got premultiplied when you need straight.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Chris BurnsRe: lower third
by on Mar 26, 2010 at 10:15:49 pm

Thanks for the reply Dave,

Actually it's for the greatest sport, FOOTBALL! lol But now I have to learn my 3D program to create a spinning football.

I'm trying to create this file from scratch, so I'm not sure what you mean.
I've got pretty much everything recreated, I just can't replicate the edges, and the 'sparklers' that appear on the right side and kind of fizzle out. Hope I've explained it well enough.

Thanks, Chris- MN

Return to posts index

Erik WaluskaRe: lower third
by on Mar 27, 2010 at 3:59:57 pm

Dave means that your original lower third isn't supposed to look like that, you either have the alpha channel set wrong in your editing app or you are just viewing the file directly in quicktime player or WMP so you are seeing the weird fringing around the edges. Open it in your editing app and be sure you have the correct alpha option applied to the clip and the edges should look clean.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved