ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects CS5 details coming soon.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cowcowcowcowcow
Todd Kopriva
After Effects CS5 details coming soon.
on Mar 24, 2010 at 4:49:29 pm

You can sign up to get more details as they're available. See this post on my blog.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: After Effects CS5 details coming soon -- WOO HOO!
on Mar 24, 2010 at 5:38:10 pm

I just signed up!

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
Re: After Effects CS5 details coming soon -- WOO HOO!
on Mar 24, 2010 at 5:59:56 pm

DangIT!

Sell your AEPs with broadcastGEMs' DVD series of templates. Click here for more

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
Re: After Effects CS5 details coming soon.
on Mar 24, 2010 at 5:58:19 pm

Heya Todd, since you've been posting here often, knowing full_well that we have a decent number of users here, why not just post the details here at the COW?

Cheers
RoRK

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Mar 24, 2010 at 6:10:31 pm

[Roland R. Kahlenberg] "...why not just post the details here at the COW?"

A visit to the Adobe web site is revealing on that issue. They've got EVERYTHING on that sucker! Never mind that navigating through it is downright Byzantine for the casual visitor.

But once you emerge from it, you're left with the distinct notion that unless you meet face-to-face with Adobe folks, all other contact will be through the Mother Ship, Adobe.com.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
on Mar 24, 2010 at 6:21:17 pm

BbbBbuuut Dave, without Todd and his requisite Adobe links here at the COW, there would not have been much or even an inkling of Adobe after effects. Dang ! sEE, I've now screwed up on my capS.

We're apparently just an abberration. A mooooooo, one might hear while out on the pastures, over the yonder. And Todd, ever onee in a while comes to remind us of our existence.

BTW, Dave, is there a way to unsign oneself from the funky mothership? ;-)

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Mar 24, 2010 at 6:37:00 pm

[Roland R. Kahlenberg] "We're apparently just an abberration."

Nah, I think it's more like, "that's how Adobe does things". Imagine getting this kind of pre-release info from Apple!

If you click on Todd's link and sign up, they'll email you the info; that's pretty darned convenient, yes? And again, it comes from the Mothership, Adobe.com.

I don't know about you, but I'm spottin' a trend here.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Mar 24, 2010 at 6:44:59 pm

I will be posting details here on the COW, too. But if you wait for me to do that, then you're likely to 1) experience a lag and 2) only see what I think is interesting. Regarding #1: I'm likely to be _very_ busy (at NAB) the week of the 12th, so waiting for me to post details would be frustrating. Regarding #2: I only focus on After Effects; if you care about anything else, you don't want to count on me to give it to you.

If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Mar 24, 2010 at 6:49:30 pm

[Todd Kopriva] "I'm likely to be _very_ busy (at NAB) the week of the 12th..."

Dang! That's what I get for being a humble promo producer at a TV station: I never get to go to NAB. It would have been good to meet you face to face.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Mar 24, 2010 at 6:58:25 pm

I'll swing through Iowa soon.

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
on Mar 24, 2010 at 7:05:45 pm

[Dave LaRonde] "It would have been good to meet you face to face."

Doh! Dave, when thoust readst the AE manual, THAT IS TODD!! Face to face. ;-) LOL. OK I tot that was really funny. BUt seriously, other than Todd"s company obligation"s here at the COW, he does a very very good job with AE's manual.

Now, if we can only find a way for Todd to be employed at Apple. :-)

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Mar 24, 2010 at 8:39:06 pm

[Roland R. Kahlenberg] "...when thoust readst the AE manual, THAT IS TODD!! Face to face..."

Well, perhaps. But I recently had the opportunity to chat with an Adobe employee from the Seattle office, where the good Mr. Kopriva is based. I happened to mention, "I don't even know what the guy looks like!" The description was nothing like my mental image.

[Roland R. Kahlenberg] "Now, if we can only find a way for Todd to be employed at Apple."

No thanks, I'm very grateful that the gent is right where he is. Ever get any help on the COW from the Final Cut Pro documentation person?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Mar 24, 2010 at 10:14:41 pm

> The description was nothing like my mental image.

I'm afraid to ask. On both aspects.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Mar 24, 2010 at 10:25:53 pm

[Todd Kopriva] "I'm afraid to ask. On both aspects. "

Let's just say the description didn't fit my mental image of a smart, extremely nice but potentially nerdy guy.
The jury's still out on my mental state, by the way.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: After Effects CS5 details coming soon YAY!
on Mar 24, 2010 at 8:07:30 pm

I am very much looking forward to CS5, especially the 64 bit fun of AE and the Mercury Playback Engine in Premiere.
I wish I could go to NAB and meet Todd face-to-face too, but I don't think I can talk my boss into letting me go this year. Maybe next time when I've got a bit more seniority in my position...

Todd, swinging by Nashville any time soon?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Mar 24, 2010 at 8:31:45 pm

> Todd, swinging by Nashville any time soon?

Likely.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Mar 24, 2010 at 8:34:46 pm

YES! :)

- The Great Szalam

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Juan Urquhart
on Mar 25, 2010 at 2:09:25 am

HI Todd,
i already signed, i hope i'm not dissapointed by AE CS5, because rumors are:

-Almost no new features, except 64 bits.
-The most needed bend/warp layers in 3d space ( like Nuke or Fusion )
is added, but by a third party plugin that already exists , so just a workaround ( in other words, wait for cs6 or migrate :-( ).
-Some sort of magic wand like in photoshop , for easier selection...hope it's like the technology preview seen some time ago in aeportal ...

-Photoshop ,Premiere and Flash guys will be happier than we are...

Return to posts index

Jason Jenkins
on Mar 25, 2010 at 6:19:41 am

I don't care about new features... if it has serious SPEED, I will be happy.

Jason Jenkins

Flowmotion Media

Video production... with style!

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Mar 25, 2010 at 1:11:14 pm

[Juan Urquhart]"Almost no new features, except 64 bits"

That's like saying, "I almost can't travel, except I have a Corvette and a Lear Jet."

It's a complete rewriting of the code that will not only benefit us with (hopefully) some increased speed now, but will make everything better for years to come.

Also, don't listen to rumors. You never know if they're true.

- The Great Szalam

Return to posts index

Juan Urquhart
on Mar 25, 2010 at 1:46:16 pm

Of course i donĀ“t have the knowledge or authority to argue with Michael Szalapski, but i know what 64 bits mean , photoshop has it since cs4...
But i would like to come back after april 12 and compare those rumors i posted with the actual facts

Return to posts index

Mark Radover
on Mar 25, 2010 at 8:26:47 pm

I think I saw that preview on toolfarm.

I'm almost afraid to ask about the 'T' in 'RTFM'

Return to posts index

Bruce Wainer
on Mar 26, 2010 at 1:05:20 am

RTFM, i believe, can be "Read the F***ing manual", "Read the Friendly Manual", etc. In this case, I think it's "Read Todd's Friendly (or other - I might be wrong) Manual". This stems from the fact that he manages AE's manual.

Todd: Sorry if I'm wrong, I think what I wrote is correct :)

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Mar 26, 2010 at 2:12:26 am

Bruce's explanation is correct. There's also another interpretation that I intend: stressing the 'the' in 'read the f***ing manual'.

There has been an unfortunate tendency for the past several years for people to look in lots of different places for information about After Effects (and other software) while ignoring the manual. And a lot of software companies are to blame for this, since what they/we put out is/was crap. It has been my single-minded focus for the past few years (since CS3) to reverse this trend, to retrain people to use _the_ single definitive resource when looking for information about After Effects.

My hope is that by having a definitive document that describes how the software is supposed to work, forums like this one can be relieved of the burden of countless questions about the basics and instead put the experience and expertise of the answerers to more interesting uses, like answering tricky workflow questions.

I also maintain the After Effects Community Help search so that people can have an easier time finding the things that don't belong in a manual.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]