ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE Workspaces off Screen

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nate McNeil
AE Workspaces off Screen
on Mar 24, 2010 at 4:02:04 pm

Lately I've had to jump around to a variety of different machines while working with my AE projects. One set-up is a MacBook Pro, another is a Tower with 2 widescreen monitors, the third is a tower with 2, standard monitors.

The problem is, when I move from the 2 widescreen monitors, my workspace on the smaller screens is stretched beyond what I can see and manipulate.

I've tried reseting the workspaces in the Window drop down, but to no success. This is probably a slightly silly question, but any assistance would be appreciated.

Nate

Return to posts index

Joey Foreman
Re: AE Workspaces off Screen
on Mar 24, 2010 at 9:28:23 pm

Temporarily change the resolution of your Macbook's display so you can see the edge handle(s) of the panels, then shrink them down.

Return to posts index

Nate McNeil
on Mar 25, 2010 at 4:27:47 pm

to my dismay, I'm already at my max resolution. Because the Dual Widescreen is capable of a wider vista, it goes past the MacBook's and Dual Standard monitor's reach.

I know that I can just bring the project back onto the other system and shrink the workspace, but it seems slightly ridiculous that there's no way of resizing the workspace from system to system.

Return to posts index

Joey Foreman
on Mar 26, 2010 at 2:12:45 am

Lowering the display res will shrink the AE interface with it, giving you access to the edge handles. When you go back to full res, you can expand the interface back out

Return to posts index

Nate McNeil
on Mar 26, 2010 at 1:40:54 pm

I got it to work with the resolution change, I had to open AE AFTER I changed the resolution and it worked just fine. Not sure why that wasn't working with AE open. t

Thanks for the assist!

Nate

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]