ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

.PSD pixelated in After Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Spence.PSD pixelated in After Effects
by on Mar 24, 2010 at 2:39:56 pm

Hi, I'm doing a comp in After effects that's resolution is that of Red 4k (4096x2304). I made an overlay to put on top of it and it'd a .PSD file. The file is the same res as the comp, but when I birng it into the comp, it gets slightly pixelated. When I go into the layout view however, the image is nice and crisp and the right size. What am i doing wrong? I would think continuous rasterization would fix it, but it won't let me enable that in the comp. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: .PSD pixelated in After Effects
by on Mar 24, 2010 at 3:44:40 pm

Do you have aspect ratio correction turned on in your comp window? If so, don't worry about the pixelization, it's probably due to that. Try rendering out a small section of your comp and see how it looks. If it's due to the aspect ratio correction, the badness will only be in the preview window and it'll look fine in the final render.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Alex SpenceRe: .PSD pixelated in After Effects
by on Mar 24, 2010 at 6:24:01 pm

Can't tell if the aspect ratio box is checked, because I'm rendering out (had to show to the director). What has rendered out so far of the overlay is pixelated however.

Return to posts index

by on Mar 24, 2010 at 8:43:02 pm

If it's rendering pixelated, the aspect ratio correction isn't the problem.

What is the pixel aspect ratio of your comp and what is the pixel aspect ratio of the Photoshop file?

Do you have the quality switch on the Photoshop layer set to "draft" by any chance?

- The Great Szalam

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Alex SpenceRe: .PSD pixelated in After Effects
by on Mar 26, 2010 at 1:12:07 am

Turns out I had openGL on. When I turned that off everything became much clearer.

Thanks for the help though.

Return to posts index

by on Mar 26, 2010 at 1:28:08 am

Gosh dang it! The one time I neglect to mention OpenGL as one of the usual suspects, it's the thing causing the problem... Oh well, I'll add this to the list of odd behaviors of OpenGL

- The Great Szalam

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]