ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects won't open my project

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Elias HuchAfter Effects won't open my project
by on Mar 23, 2010 at 7:59:46 pm

OK, here's the Low down...
I have a mac pro intel, 14 gigs of ram, AE CS4 and am running on an XSAN. I have all updated drivers and my system is fully functional. My OS is 10.6.2, which I know is relatively new, but has been functioning great until now. Yesterday I decided to wipe my machine as I have not done so for about a year and begin to make a disc image to work from for further installs on other machines in my facility. Everything went great, the install was smooth and I was happy. Until.. I went to open a rather large AE project that I had worked on the day before and it stopped at 99% open and froze there. Now before you all go contemplating and racking your brains, let me tell you what I've tried first.
I duplicated the file, no go
I opened it on someone else's mac with the exact same system, which worked fine, then saved as a different name, no go
I repaired permissions, no go
Seeing the pattern?
I also, uninstalled and reinstalled the whole Adobe suite, I upgraded to 9.0.2, I cleaned out the project from another machine, I went through all of the folders in the project directory and made sure permissions were good. After all of this, 7 hours of my life i"ll never get back, I am still stuck. I was able to do the work from someone else's mac, but obviously that is not effective to workflow.
So, PLEASE can someone help. Tell me what I forgot, I know it's simple, I just can't figure it out!
Thanks and please forgive my feistiness, I am pretty irritated right now!

Elias Huch
Motion Graphics Designer
Reelvizion Productions

Return to posts index

Joey ForemanRe: After Effects won't open my project
by on Mar 23, 2010 at 8:11:37 pm

Did you try importing the project file into an empty project?
Not opening it, but importing it, as a file.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: After Effects won't open my project
by on Mar 23, 2010 at 8:16:07 pm

Ugh. Hope the file didn't get corrupted.

Here's something you haven't tried: open a new AE project. Import the troublesome project into it. See what happens if you save.

It may also be that some of the media files in the project got corrupted. Check by opening them in their own footage window... and keep track of what you're opening!

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Elias HuchRe: After Effects won't open my project
by on Mar 29, 2010 at 6:44:42 pm

Thanks guys, unfortunately I forgot to mention the importing thing and yes I tried that too with no avail. However, I am going to now try importing each element individually and see what causes trouble, maybe I can catch the problem there. Thanks a bunch, and please keep the ideas coming! Oh I also wanted to mention that this is happening with a bunch of projects all from the same machine. We have since wiped that machine so hopefully that will be the end of the trouble. Wish me luck!

Elias Huch
Motion Graphics Designer
Reelvizion Productions

Return to posts index

Ross Van VoastRe: After Effects won't open my project
by on May 27, 2010 at 1:05:28 am

I found a comp in the trash which is a section I worked on and I clicked the put it back option and now I can see my project. Hope this helps

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]