Problem Morphing Chris Zwar tutorial

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
alberto Bernad
Problem Morphing Chris Zwar tutorial
on Mar 23, 2010 at 5:52:46 pm

Hi!
Chris Zwar Morphing Tutorial:
I made step by step but there was a problem. The mask 2 of layer below doesn't fit with the mask 1 (mask of fist layer). Do you know what i mean? This is a big problem because when you apply a disolve, i can see both layers for a few frames. If you need to understand better what im saying, please let me know and i cant send you a few screenshots.

Thank you very much!

Cheers!

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Dave LaRonde
Re: Problem Morphing Chris Zwar tutorial
on Mar 23, 2010 at 6:02:20 pm

Are the two footage layers in the same pixel aspect ratio? If not, you'll need to fix that using a precomp.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

alberto Bernad
on Mar 23, 2010 at 7:26:20 pm

UAU!

Thank you for the question, but both layer has the same pixel aspect ratio. The footage are: two shots DVCPRO HD 1080p25 1440x1080 and the comp size is: HDTV 1080 25. I don't know if it is wlel done, because with other size comp, After don't keep my footage pixel aspect ratio.Am i doing something wrong from the beginning.

Thank's Dave

I send you my greetings from Spain!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Mar 23, 2010 at 7:49:32 pm

Drag the footage onto the Make Comp icon at the bottom of the project window. Inspect the comp settings to see if they are different from your other 1080 comp settings.

If they are, use the settings in the comp you just made by dragging the footage on the icon.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

alberto Bernad
on Mar 23, 2010 at 8:10:33 pm

I know, i know, but i dont understand why this step is so important to make the morphing. The masks are the same in any comp size, no?.
To be more specific, are two close up shots and my mask only is around the faces. Is like in the reshape effect don't care about some correspondence points. Why in the tutorial man's face fits perfectly on sheep's mask?

Return to posts index

Joe Moya
on Mar 23, 2010 at 10:16:02 pm

sounds like you need to resize either the mask to fit the face or resize the face to fit the mask

Return to posts index

alberto Bernad
on Mar 24, 2010 at 9:11:45 am

OK. Thanks Joe. I keep trying it. In fact the problem is that both faces doesn't have de same size inside thes shot, thats why when i use the dissolve the second face appears before the morphing. Maybe i have to adjust more the masks.

....work in progress!!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]