ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Adjusting duration makes layer invisible?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kaela WaldsteinAdjusting duration makes layer invisible?
by on Mar 21, 2010 at 9:10:03 pm

I am using the Videocopilot "Energy" effect in one of my projects. It uses a precomposed layer called "Twister" which is comprised of three layers: Camera, Core, and Twister. I must have messed up somewhere, because the Camera and Core layers are fifteen seconds in duration, while the Twister layer is only a fraction of a second long. I want to adjust the whole precomposed layer to be six seconds long, like the rest of the comps in my project. But when I do that, the effect is no longer visible in my main project window -- the layer is there along with the other comps but there is no layer bar for it.
Does this make any sense? I am quite stumped.
Thank you!

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Adjusting duration makes layer invisible?
by on Mar 22, 2010 at 1:18:53 pm

How did you adjust the length? I'm guessing when you adjusted it your layer just moved in time. Select your layer and press alt+home (or option+home) See if that brings it back.
Or, since it's really short, it may just be too skinny for you to see. Go to the end of your comp and press alt+] (or option+]

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved