Make object follow stroke path in another comp

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jacob RasmussenMake object follow stroke path in another comp
by on Mar 21, 2010 at 12:16:34 pm

Hi there,

I have a problem with AE (daaa :)

The situation:

I have a brush graphic that should follow an actual path of a brush stroke that animate from end: 0% to end 100% over time.

The brush path is in a composition of it's own because I use it as a Luma Matte for a background.

In my main composition where I have the brush graphic and the luma matte in 2 different layers, I have copied the "path" of the paint brush animation (in the luma matte).

When I copy this path and paste it on my brush graphic position in my main comp, the start point and end point is exactly where it should be according to the luma matte brush animation. But everything in between doesn't follow each other.

The FPS and pixel ratio are the same for the 2 comps, and the time of the animations as well.

In my Luma Matte I have Easy Ease on my Brush animation, and therefore I have Easy Ease on my Brush Graphic as well - but since the brush graphic has a lot of motion guide "key"frames in between the actual keyframes, it doesn't seem to be affected the same way by the Easy Ease. I think that's the problem.

I have tried to turn off Easy Ease in both layers, but it still doesn't work.

Any idea how to make this work?

The idea is to make it look like a paint brush, that zig zags over the screen, and underneath a painted background becomes visible.

Thanks for your help :)

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Make object follow stroke path in another comp
by on Mar 21, 2010 at 3:54:46 pm

You got an answer for this on another forum. Please do everyone a favor and post back if you've already got your problem solved. That way, no one on this forum will waste their time trying to answer a question that you already have an answer to.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved