ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

I get snow when I promote project to 16 or 32-bit

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean WorsellI get snow when I promote project to 16 or 32-bit
by on Mar 21, 2010 at 4:52:24 am

Freshly installed After Effects CS4 on a Windows 7 (64-bit) computer. Seems wonderfully stable and smooth so far, EXCEPT with some quicktime formats (in this case HDV files converted by Cineform to Quicktime) aren't coping well inside After Effects. These Quicktime files are fine in 8-bit mode. But as soon as I promote the project to 16-bit or 32-bit, the picture just turns to "snow"...exactly like the snow you'd see on a TV screen with no television signal. Just fuzz. Except there is some coloured fuzz in there not just black and white. Anyhow, there's no trace of the image. Just a soupy miasma of dancing pixels. Any thoughts on what's going on? I encountered this a long time ago with Red files...but haven't seen this otherwise since.

I'm on Quadro FX 4500, Windows 7 64-bit, AE CS4.

Return to posts index

Sean WorsellPROBLEM SOLVED - needed Cineform HD codec/player
by on Mar 21, 2010 at 5:10:29 am

Problem solved. I needed to download something called the NeoPlayer from Cineform. It is actually a "codec" and not a stand-alone players. Anyhow, it's free (though I purchased my cineform conversion software from them). And now I can work on these Cineform HD files in AE CS4, even in 16 and 32-bit.

Just in case anyone else ever has this problem.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved