ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Precomp turning white in render, perhaps camera issue

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Emily ScollonPrecomp turning white in render, perhaps camera issue
by on Mar 20, 2010 at 11:32:37 pm

I have a comp with a camera in it and an edging that is not 3D over it. I then have a precomp with a camera in it. When i preview the animation i can see everything, but when i render the precomp goes white (minus the eding) I do notice if i put the little activate 3d (sunlight button thing) on the precomp comes up blank, but i havent had it activated.

I suppose this is a camera issue, but find it bizarre because it is showing up when I'm working and previewing!

Perhaps i need to put my precomp layer above, but i have a page turn from the 3d layer before it that i'm trying to put it behind...

thanks in advance for any advice!

~ Emily

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Precomp turning white in render, perhaps camera issue
by on Mar 21, 2010 at 2:54:16 am

Are you previewing through the active camera? The active camera is the camera whose view is rendered when you render for final export.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Emily ScollonRe: Precomp turning white in render, perhaps camera issue
by on Mar 21, 2010 at 5:14:18 am

unfortunately i am... would have been a nice solve :-)

any other ideas?

Return to posts index

by on Mar 21, 2010 at 4:17:09 pm

i just tried rendering the precomp, then adding the .mov to the comp in the same exact layer space as the precomp that wouldnt render... and that worked. This is a solution, but obviously not ideal. Might lead to some insight on what is going on?

Does it help to know that the precomp is copied and pasted... the first part page turns to a middle section and the middle section page turns to the second part of the precomp, which is why i set it up this way.... sorry to confuse!

Return to posts index

by on Mar 22, 2010 at 12:50:10 pm

SOLUTION(s):

~ AE did not like the way i had copied and pasted the precomp above and below a layer, it seemed to loose the second part. I copied and made a new comp, which i then renamed, and there were no more issues.

~ It also worked if I pasted the keyframes from the camera null on my precomp layer onto my main comp's camera.. and then enabled 3d on my precomped layer... i dont like this option as it makes editing later a bit tricky.

Hope this helps someone :-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]