ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peltier FlorianRotoscoping
by on Mar 20, 2010 at 6:00:08 pm

I have a fairly urgent problem.

I do rotoscoping several sequences and I would facilitate the work if possible embezzling up to see my character in the best shape (which is not always easy when there are hair and Blur ofe mouvement)

Here 2 screenshots of one of my sequence :
http:/ / img406.Imageshack.Us/I/ep02p07take020005110.Png /
http:/ / img442.Imageshack.Us/I/ep02p07take020005104.Png /

How would you ?

Thank you in advance

Return to posts index

Joe MoyaRe: Rotoscoping
by on Mar 20, 2010 at 8:57:50 pm

If you are tryinig to rotoscope the entire lady in the picture... then, you will need a LOT of time, patience and LUCK.

You will have to make a choice between saving the hair or dropping the background out. If it was me... I would sacrifice the hair... as for the blur, that is a BIG problem and there is no simple solution (... if any solution)... specially when you look at the foreground plants in the video.

If there is any way to reshoot... then, that would definately be the best option. If not, then prepare for a LOOONG and painful rotoscoping project.... and, in the end... I doubt it will look good.

Return to posts index

Ben Heusner BrownleeRe: Rotoscoping
by on Mar 22, 2010 at 6:44:06 am

Joe is right, you'd better settle in for a long roto session.

There are some things you can do for the hair, and if you're lucky it will get rid of some of the foliage. Try to build up some procedural mattes first, to limit the amount of stuff you'll have to roto. It's still not going to be a simple task. It will probably help you keep in more hair detail.

Here's a link to take you through the process.

If you are doing this sort of roto, I would highly recommend using Mocha or Mocha AE & mochaShape to take some of the pain out of it. The big boy version of mocha lets you deal a lot better with the motion blur. I go through lots of techniques in my paint & roto course Cut and Shut.

Good luck in your project. Some good quality coffee will make the whole thing a better experience!

Curious Turtle Pro Video
Training | Editing | Support
Out Now - Creative Color Grading with Apple Color, Film Wash Color Effects Vol. 3
& Mocha training for AE & FCP

Return to posts index

Conrad OlsonRe: Rotoscoping
by on Mar 22, 2010 at 4:03:48 pm

You don't need luck and it will certainly be posible to rotoscope the person sucessfully. It might not be easy but it is defintely possible.

It well take some time to do it properly. Just don't let the negative post above put you off.

If Hollywood decided to reshoot everything that might be a little bit tricky to rotoscope then they would never get a movie finished.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved