ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Is there a way to have an adjustment layer only affect a couple layers?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aza Allen
Is there a way to have an adjustment layer only affect a couple layers?
on Mar 20, 2010 at 6:31:57 am

I know an adjustment layer affects everything below it, and I can't move my layers down or they'll be hidden by another layer, so how can I accomplish this?

I want to apply an effect to only a few layers, but wanna make it easy to animate the effect. I can't pre-compose the layers I want to affect either, or I lose my 3d interactions.

Thanks all for any help!

Make sure to check out my Heroes Fan Film at http://ruesterprod.blip.tv

Return to posts index

baran venkatasamy
Re: Is there a way to have an adjustment layer only affect a couple layers?
on Mar 20, 2010 at 8:36:29 am

hi aza
http://aescripts.com/create-trimmed-adjustment-layer/

hope this script will help you

baran

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
Re: Is there a way to have an adjustment layer only affect a couple layers?
on Mar 20, 2010 at 8:44:11 am

Perhaps you alrady know this, but just to ensure; with 3D layers, their ordering within the layer panel, is inconsequential. If you have a combo of 2D and 3Dlayers and you still have issues reordering them then you should use Expressions to link the effect to a single 'Null' layer.

For this method, apply the effect to a Null. Apply the same effect to the first of the layers that require the effect. Use Expressions to link the properties for the effect to the same effect properties on the Null. Select this layer's name from within the Effect Controls Panel and save as an Animation Preset. Select the other layers that require the effect and then apply te Animatin Preset you just saved.

You can now control the properties across all the layers by affecting the Null layer's effect properties.

HTH
RoRK

Sell your AEPs with broadcastGEMs' DVD series of templates. Click here for more

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]