ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Tracking Problem Adobe After Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dillon FelberTracking Problem Adobe After Effects
by on Mar 19, 2010 at 11:03:21 pm

Hi, I was testing out tracking by using a picture frame and puting a video within the frame, using tracking in after effects. The track worked well after some adjustments. After that, I applied the track to a null object so that I can parent the other video clip to the null. The clip goes with the null but 3 or 4 quick times within the track, the null flips one way and then another, so at those random spots the clip inside the frame goes upside down, or sideways etc...

why is it doing this/any suggestions to fix it?

Return to posts index

scott novasicRe: Tracking Problem Adobe After Effects
by on Mar 20, 2010 at 3:40:12 am

is this a tracking test for you? Why not just precomp in the video inside the frame and parent whatever you need to that.....

Animation & Visual Effects
Scott Novasic
Los Angeles Ca

Return to posts index

Dillon FelberRe: Tracking Problem Adobe After Effects
by on Mar 20, 2010 at 9:54:02 pm

Yes this is a tracking test for me...How would I precomp the video inside the frame? I do the tracking and click "Edit Target" and select to use a Null, or the video- and either way, it rotates randomly but the position and scaling is correct...

Thanks-still new to using after effects

Return to posts index

Alperen T. AyhanRe: Tracking Problem Adobe After Effects
by on Mar 20, 2010 at 2:51:39 pm

I couldn't understand the situation exactly (my Eng. is not so good)but I think the problem is caused by parenting. Try parenting position of the layers not the layers. Then, in my opinion your problem will be solved. and have you tracked your frame position or position-rotation? may be you should try just position.

Alperen T. AYHAN
Always cinema...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved