ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Can't render out a transparent composition/animation from AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael LeungCan't render out a transparent composition/animation from AE
by on Mar 19, 2010 at 12:19:29 am

Hi all,

i've created a small animation in After Effects. It has a transparent background, the alpha channel appears to be fine, when I RAM preview it it plays at just the right speed I want it to, however no matter what settings I use, I simply cannot seem to render it out as a transparent animation to use with Vegas.

I've tried Quicktime+Animation code+RGB Million plus+straight OR premultiplied color, the result is a black screen with like 2 frames of my animation.

I tried a targa sequence with alpha channel, RGB Million+ and both straight and premultiplied color, the result is either just a complete black screen, or a complete green screen.

It's frame rate of both the composition and the exported video are set to the same, i've tried all the best possible settings for exporting a high quality animation, but it just doesn't seem to be going right.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Michael LeungRe: Can't render out a transparent composition/animation from AE
by on Mar 19, 2010 at 12:47:16 am

Ok, i'm a moron. I was doing some very stupid things that I didn't realise. I've now fixed it. Here is what was wrong:

1. In Vegas, I didn't specify what the alpha channel was (right click on your imported media > Properties > Under alpha channel near the bottom, choose the type that you exported as - e.g. Straight, premultiplied etc.)

2. I was completely zoomed out in Vegas, meaning what I thought was moving one frame when pressing the right arrow key, I was actually skipping several frames due to the video being too long. I simply zoomed in the timeline and the entire animation played just fine.

So that's that. I'll leave this to help anyone else who may have this problem.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved