ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects books

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg MacDon
After Effects books
on Mar 18, 2010 at 10:07:03 pm

I am just starting to use after effects and was wondering if anyone could recommend a good book for me to read about AE.

Many thanks

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: After Effects books
on Mar 18, 2010 at 10:17:16 pm

Get Chris and Trish Meyers' book(s) on After Effects. Very good. Worth every penny. Available for a few different versions of AE.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Mar 18, 2010 at 11:24:54 pm

There are a couple of sample chapters for beginner books linked to from the top of this page.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

adam taylor
on Mar 18, 2010 at 11:47:09 pm

After Effects Illusionist by Chaz Perkins

AE Studio Techniques by Mark Christiansen

Adam Taylor
Video Editor/Audio Mixer/ Compositor/Motion GFX/Barista
Character Options Ltd
Oldham, UK

http://www.sculptedbliss.co.uk

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Mar 19, 2010 at 12:03:58 am

> After Effects Illusionist by Chaz Perkins

AE Studio Techniques by Mark Christiansen

I wouldn't call either of those books good books for getting started. Mark's _After Effects Studio Techniques_ is a great book, but it's for intermediate/advanced users.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

adam taylor
on Mar 19, 2010 at 8:39:01 am

completely disagree Todd.

Perkins book gives a concise description of every "effect" plug-in that comes with AE. Describing how and why they do what they do, and giving simple examples of how to use them.

I mentioned Marks book because the question was asking "recommend a good book for me to read about AE. " Although he said he was starting to use AE, there was no mention of a beginners handbook, which is often the request. I think this book is a very good one because it teaches a lot more than just step by step tutorials.

adam

Adam Taylor
Video Editor/Audio Mixer/ Compositor/Motion GFX/Barista
Character Options Ltd
Oldham, UK

http://www.sculptedbliss.co.uk

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]