ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

how can I reduce file size of this?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mary Waitrovichhow can I reduce file size of this?
by on Mar 18, 2010 at 9:39:50 pm

http://www.mediaplusyou.com/test/pbg3.html

I made this web banner in AE with 232 separate AE text layers. .swf file exported from AE is 2 MB. .flv rendered from AE is only a little better: 1.6 MB. It seems this is too big for a website banner.

If I import the AE .swf into Flash, it creates over 1,700 separate symbols and the published .swf is 2.1 MB (even with "compress movie" checked in the publish settings).

I thought I might do better than this, size wise, since everything in the project is a vector text element. I did import the layers from Photoshop text, but I converted to AE editable text layers.

I would appreciate any suggestions anyone might have to reduce my file size.
(cross posting in AE and Flash forums)

Thanks much,

Mary Waitrovich
Media Plus You, LCC

Return to posts index

Alperen T. AyhanRe: how can I reduce file size of this?
by on Mar 19, 2010 at 3:37:07 pm

hi, once I have met a problem like this and solved it in that way: I rendered as "uncompressed" then used video converter "Total Video Converter". It gives you so much variety of setting. This is kind a solution. I hope this will help you..

Alperen T. AYHAN
http://www.sinamasal.com
Always cinema...

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: how can I reduce file size of this?
by on Mar 19, 2010 at 4:59:04 pm

I would try Alperen's recommendation.

I also want to point out that you don't need that many Text Layers. You could actually do all of that within a single Text Layer. Perhaps for better organization, you could have broken it down into three separate Text Layers. With such a setup, your file may end up smaller as an SWF.

HTH
RoRK

Sell your AEPs with broadcastGEMs' DVD series of templates. Click here for more

Return to posts index

Mary WaitrovichRe: how can I reduce file size of this?
by on Mar 19, 2010 at 5:20:36 pm

I will try converting the final output with total video converter.

I thought of trying to put the entire first set of words on a single layer, but I don't know how to position them properly without an enormous amount of manual work, and I also couldn't put them on top of each other if they were on the same layer, right? I did all the entry and positioning in Photoshop with each word on a separate layer and then imported the file into AE and converted to editable AE text.

Thank you for your response and I would appreciate any further thoughts you might have.

Mary Waitrovich
Media Plus You, LCC

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: how can I reduce file size of this?
by on Mar 19, 2010 at 5:48:07 pm

[Mary Waitrovich] "I don't know how to position them properly without an enormous amount of manual work, and I also couldn't put them on top of each other if they were on the same layer, right?"

It shouldn't be that much harder to do the layout with fewer Text Layers. You can have overlapping text strings within a single Text Layer by using the Baseline Shift property which is found in the Character Panel. Selcet the text string and then use the arrow keys to nudge in the desired direction - add the Shift Key to move in multiples of 10 pixels.

If TVC doesn"t do the job, you should try out a quick setup in AE with fewer Text Layers and see if filesizes are drastically reduced before venturing into the time required for a proper layout.

HTH
RoRK

Sell your AEPs with broadcastGEMs' DVD series of templates. Click here for more

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]