ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Spinning transition?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David DelSpinning transition?
by on Mar 18, 2010 at 9:19:45 pm

I would like to be able to spin a playing card around and reveal what is on the other side - is there a transition to do this easily? I looked through the stock ones and couldn't see anything that might get this look. Thanks

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Spinning transition?
by on Mar 18, 2010 at 9:29:20 pm

You can just put another layer on the other side of your main layer using AE's 3d space. Parent the back side to the front side.

Or use Card Wipe.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

David DelRe: Spinning transition?
by on Mar 18, 2010 at 9:58:39 pm

I have tried both with no success. After searching, I found cardwipe and tried that, but there is nothing to indicate what the back of the flipped card will be in the plug-in - or if it is there - it is not working for me.

As for Z space, I have tried that too. I created a layer (L1), rotated it 180 degrees on the 7 axis. Then I duplicated the layer and moved the 2nd layer (L2) on the Z axis -1 and 1 (at different times). I put a ramp on the layer to make it different BUT when I check the rotation, it does not seem to work and it is the same on both sides.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Spinning transition?
by on Mar 18, 2010 at 10:08:55 pm

Did you remember to separate the two card surfaces a little bit in z-space, so the two sides aren't trying to occupy the same space at the same time?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

David DelRe: Spinning transition?
by on Mar 18, 2010 at 10:52:11 pm

Yes I did. Here is the issue I am seeing. First off, I parented the card to the other layer - that helped. The other issue is that I cannot use a small number like .01 because it looks good when the card is fully turned, but about it doesn't show until the turn is complete. I have used a bigger number like 1-2 pixels in Z space for this to work. This goes against the tutorials I have seen that don't seem to need this much pixel room, but for me it looks like I do.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Spinning transition project attached.
by on Mar 18, 2010 at 11:01:10 pm

Here you go. Have a look at these two comps.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]