ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Collapse Transformation button makes thick borders on nested compositions (?!)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathan LesterCollapse Transformation button makes thick borders on nested compositions (?!)
by on Mar 18, 2010 at 4:26:02 am

Hi guys,
first off, thanks for all the help everyone gives in these forums. This is always my first stop if I can't find what I need in a good ol' google search. ^_^

Anyways, I am currently working in AE with several comps nested inside my main comp, all parented to a null object.
The individual comps are designed as 3D layers w/ a stroke effect as a border. Each has an image and masked footage, both with a stroke effect.
Once nested, I scaled these smaller comps down and arranged them in a comic book pattern.
After clicking the collapse transformation button (the gear), the stroke effect giving borders to the individual nested comps thickens and leaves an ugly thick edge around all the pieces in the comp.

I'm curious how I can fix this problem (i hope I described it accurately). I've rebooted AE, adjusted the original stroke effects in the smaller comps, but nothing seems to work. The thick borders only appear after clicking the gear to place the nested comps in the 3D space.

Return to posts index

Alperen T. AyhanRe: Collapse Transformation button makes thick borders on nested compositions (?!)
by on Mar 18, 2010 at 2:39:47 pm

Hi, I am not sure but when you use the stroke as a border, half is inside the comp half is outside the comp. Eg: when you set the thickness 14px, 7 px seem in inside 7px outside. After you precomp the composition you see just the 7px. Then if you use collapse transformation it bocomes 14 px. So you need to use as thickness half value rather than you use.

Alperen T. AYHAN
http://www.sinamasal.com
Always cinema...

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: Collapse Transformation button makes thick borders on nested compositions (?!)
by on Mar 19, 2010 at 8:37:22 am

[Jonathan Lester] "After clicking the collapse transformation button (the gear), the stroke effect giving borders to the individual nested comps thickens and leaves an ugly thick edge around all the pieces in the comp."

Why do you need to collapse transformations? Do you want borders around the compositions or is that one of the problems you're describing?

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]