ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

When placing image on compostition how can you default its duration...

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chad ramos
When placing image on compostition how can you default its duration...
on Mar 17, 2010 at 5:37:14 pm

Hi,

Currently when drage an image from my project frame to my timeline in any given compsition, the duration of said image is equal to the duration of said composition. I would like to change that value so that when I do drag in image into the timeline it is not super long but shorter. Something in the range of 5 seconds. Is there a way to make this happen by default instead of have to change it after it has been put into a timeline.

Regards

Chad

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: When placing image on compostition how can you default its duration...
on Mar 17, 2010 at 7:21:15 pm

from After Effects Help:
"The Still Footage preference setting (Preferences > Import) controls the default duration of layers that use still footage items as their sources. By default, when you create a layer with a still image as its source, the duration of the layer is the duration of the composition."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

chad ramos
Re: When placing image on compostition how can you default its duration...
on Mar 17, 2010 at 7:24:40 pm

Thank you

Regards

Chad

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]