ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Shuffling the same image onto the screen repeatedly?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Sonberg
Shuffling the same image onto the screen repeatedly?
on Mar 17, 2010 at 2:31:54 pm

I saw this once before on something where the same image keeps getting shuffled in, say from the left side repeatedly at a random, fast pace.

How could I go about setting this up so that I can do it with many times over and not have to set up all the position keyframes manually?

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Shuffling the same image onto the screen repeatedly?
on Mar 17, 2010 at 3:10:18 pm

If I understand what you're asking for, I think that the Offset effect will do what you want.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Matt Sonberg
on Mar 17, 2010 at 3:25:58 pm

That's not quite what I'm looking for.

I want picture one to slide in from the side.

Then a duplicate of pic1 to slide in from the same side maybe 3 frames later, then again and again and again, but all at a random rate fluxuating between say 3 and 6 frames each.

So that you'd be "stacking" the same image on top of itself creating a bit of a strobe look I guess.

Matt Sonberg

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Mar 17, 2010 at 3:32:04 pm

[Matt Sonberg] "Then a duplicate of pic1 to slide in from the same side maybe 3 frames later, then again and again and again, but all at a random rate fluxuating between say 3 and 6 frames each. "

It sounds like you'd use a lot of duplicated layers, pasting a couple of position keyframes onto each one and tweaking the duration of the animation for each one. It's a lot of work, but it's easy work.

And no, I don't know of a plugin that does it for you.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Matthew Woods
on Mar 17, 2010 at 3:46:52 pm

Its a 3rd party solution, but Trapcode Echospace might work for you:
http://www.redgiantsoftware.com/products/all/trapcode-echospace/

I got it bundled with the Trapcode suite when we needed trapcode form and particular, and its turned out to be a really handy plugin when I need to do things like this.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]