ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Black Background Frames with Alpha Channel to FLV

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Jones
Black Background Frames with Alpha Channel to FLV
on Mar 16, 2010 at 11:39:43 pm

Hey Guys,

This is actually a multi-platform issue, but the files are originating in AE and I thought you guys may have come across this before.

I'm doing one of those "guy walks onto a Web site" deals for a client (I know, I know...) I started with 1280x720 files from an HVX, brought them into AE and keyed out the greenscreen using Keylight 1.2, then exported 1280x720 Animation codec Millions+ files.

I took THOSE files and brought them into FCP, added a dissolve in and out, and exported Animation codec, Millions+, SD 853x480 files to give to the Flash guy.

When he converts them to FLVs, the first couple frames of each video, the alpha channel is not there, and the background appears black. Then, after a couple frames, pop, the alpha channel is back and the background is gone. It's very weird, the alpha channel is there on the MOVs for every frame, but is missing from the first 2-3 frames of the FLV conversion.

Anyone ever had this happen? Any workarounds? Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Alperen T. Ayhan
Re: Black Background Frames with Alpha Channel to FLV
on Mar 17, 2010 at 12:38:22 am

I am not sure but I think it's about your fade "dissolve in" with FCP. So the processor may not understand the alpha in first couple of frames. Do you have to do it with your video editor? try convert to FLV without fade, and then send to flash guy. Flash can make that fade easily. Or just make whole these with AE and switch to flash. They work totally synchron together. I think this will solve the problem.

Alperen T. AYHAN
http://www.sinamasal.com
Always cinema...

Return to posts index

Matt Jones
on Mar 17, 2010 at 1:01:44 am

Thanks Alperen, I'm currently re-exporting files from AE to go directly to Flash and cutting out the FCP step entirely. I'll update tomorrow with how it went.

Return to posts index

Alperen T. Ayhan
on Mar 17, 2010 at 1:18:05 am

I thank you
and ok I will wait for the update, I hope it will work.. :)

Alperen T. AYHAN
http://www.sinamasal.com
Always cinema...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]