ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Changing the Corner Radius

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Phil LeBeauChanging the Corner Radius
by on Mar 16, 2010 at 3:56:34 pm

Hi - I am wondering if there is a way to adjust the Rounded Rectangle Tool Radius.

I am using the rounded rectangle tool to create a mask around my photos. But some of the corners are small and some of the corners are big. My photos are different sizes does that make a difference?

I am using CS4 on a MAC

Maybe you can see the detail in this screen shot. Thanks for your advise.

Return to posts index

Joe ColemanRe: Changing the Corner Radius
by on Mar 16, 2010 at 4:01:45 pm

I've never found a way to adjust that rounding without doing it manually. But if you use a shape layer as an alpha mask instead, you can twirl down the options and adjust the corner roundness.

Return to posts index

Phil LeBeauRe: Changing the Corner Radius
by on Mar 16, 2010 at 4:42:53 pm

Great thanks - Any advise as to how to do that? :-)

I love After Effects - But there are soooo many things it can do - just trying to figure them out is the tough part.

Return to posts index

Eddie YepezRe: Changing the Corner Radius
by on Mar 16, 2010 at 5:28:13 pm

Hi, you can change the corner radius of a mask while creating it by click in the up and down arrows of the keyboard. One you release the mouse botton tou can't change it anymore... If you need to change it later, you should do it like Joe said.

Return to posts index

Greg McGeRe: Changing the Corner Radius
by on Apr 9, 2011 at 12:05:30 am

I tried this in CS5//64bit/ Windows but couldn't get it to work. What am I missing? I started the rectangle, with the mouse down, I pressed the up and down arrows. No effect.

Return to posts index

Anji JacksonRe: Changing the Corner Radius
by on Feb 22, 2012 at 10:49:40 am

Awesome thanks very muchly, i have been trying to figure this little baby out foir ages!!! xx

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Changing the Corner Radius
by on Mar 16, 2010 at 6:56:02 pm

Instructions are here.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

simon brookeRe: Changing the Corner Radius
by on Aug 31, 2012 at 4:07:12 pm

Hey, think this has been sorted. but to let you know (cs4 way of doing it) click the small arrow next to shape layer to open up all the options within... click on the arrow next to contents, click on arrow to open Rectangle 1, then click Rectangle Path 1, then within here you can drag the size settings to change the shape, position, and also Roundness to change the corners size. Hope this helps! Oh, I just saw you were asking about masks, yeah, this sucks. Stupid there is no straight forward way to edit the corners like shape layers (but of course you can use the shape layer as a mask and then regain all the edit options, but not a perfect way of getting round)

Return to posts index

Ksenia ShinkarukRe: Changing the Corner Radius
by on Jun 19, 2016 at 10:12:28 am

in cc you can create round shape,
edit radius of corners as you need,
convert round shape to bezier path,
make animation key on path,
create any mask on image,
copy key of path from shape
and paste in in mask path key.
edit size of mask, if it's necessary

Return to posts index