ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Morph Problems

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Amanda StevensMorph Problems
by on Mar 15, 2010 at 9:14:32 pm

I'm making a station promo using the Morphing Effect. I am morphing all of our logos from over the years into one another and it will eventually end on our current logo. I followed the steps in the morphing tutorial ( and it has worked just fine for almost all of the logos I'm morphing.

However, our current logo is a bit funny shaped and seems to be causing some problems. The current logo is a chevron shape with our channel number on top of it. The previous logo is a rectangle, and needs to morph into the chevron.

I've repeated the steps in the tutorial as I had for the other logos, but now when I render this morph out, the rectangular logo wants to twist and distort. Everything looks fine when I run through it in the timeline, but it just goes crazy when it's rendering. the rendered version looks nothing like what's on the timeline. I've double and triple checked to make sure that none of my correspondence points are crossing.

I've even tried rendering just that morph thinking that perhaps it was overloading the system. I've also tried to take my whole composition and put it into another composition and render it that way. Nothing seems to work. I'd really appreciate any suggestions and help. Thanks so much!

Return to posts index

Joey ForemanRe: Morph Problems
by on Mar 16, 2010 at 8:44:46 am

Have you tried Smart Mask Interpolation?

Return to posts index

Amanda StevensRe: Morph Problems
by on Mar 16, 2010 at 4:49:33 pm

I used Smart Mask Interpolation, but how do I get it to morph from there? My mask animates, but I would like the whole logo to transform into the other. Currently, the mask is animated but it just crops the logo into shape, it doesn't morph it.

Do I need to apply an effect, or is there something I'm missing here?

Again, thanks for the help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved