ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Creating text out of custom shapes

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben MettlerCreating text out of custom shapes
by on Mar 15, 2010 at 8:36:31 pm

So is there a built in plug-in in AE or just someway manually to create text out of custom shapes? My idea is to have some shapes float in to the scene and form text.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Creating text out of custom shapes
by on Mar 15, 2010 at 9:08:17 pm

Do you mean a bunch of little shapes coming in to form a letter or do you mean one big shape morphing and becoming a letter?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Ben MettlerRe: Creating text out of custom shapes
by on Mar 15, 2010 at 9:14:31 pm

I would like to have a bunch of little shapes coming in and forming a sentence. When I mean little, I would say about half the size of the letters.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: Creating text out of custom shapes
by on Mar 16, 2010 at 2:24:34 am

What you'll have to do is sort of the opposite of what you'd like to do :)

You can convert your text to a shape layer. You would then need to animate backwards: set keyframes for the text shapes at the end of the animation then go to the beginning and change the shapes to the look you want at the opening.

If you want to be able to animate the characters individually in 3D then you would need to split the shapes into separate 3D layers. This will be a long process :( No shortcuts here unfortunately, I wish you could somehow use text animators on a shape layer, but it's just not possible as it is.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]