ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Stop Motion

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joel Vanz
Stop Motion
on Mar 15, 2010 at 6:25:25 pm

Hi,

I am putting together a stop motion commercial with over 1000 still images. It is a widescreen project and the pictures are all widescreen. But when I drag them into the timeline, they are squeezed into a 4X3, so I have to stretch each picture to fit the 16X9 window. Is there a way to fix this so that I do not have to stretch each image? Thanks.

Joel

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Stop Motion
on Mar 15, 2010 at 6:36:06 pm

[Joel Vanz] "I am putting together a stop motion commercial with over 1000 still images."

How long is this spot, and what's your frame rate?

[Joel Vanz] "Is there a way to fix this so that I do not have to stretch each image? "

Yeah: quit stretching them, and start using pixel aspect ratio compensation switch at the bottom of the comp window. Also drag the sequence onto the make comp icon at the bottom of the project window to make the proper comp.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Joel Vanz
on Mar 15, 2010 at 7:03:14 pm

ITs going to be a 60 second spot. Frame rate: 23.976

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Mar 15, 2010 at 7:11:36 pm

Let's see... 60 x 23.976 = 1,438.56. Just wanted to know if you had too many or not enough images in the sequence, but it sounds like you did your homework. Excellent!

It's too bad you didn't shoot them at a higher resolution; now you're sort of stuck with your current shot composition.

Remember that when importing image sequences, AE defaults to interpreting them at 30 fps, so you'll need to conform the frame rate.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Joel Vanz
on Mar 15, 2010 at 7:27:54 pm

Thanks so much for the help Dave. Got it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]