ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

seemless loop rotation

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chris mclaughlinseemless loop rotation
by on Mar 15, 2010 at 12:11:49 am

Hi I am new to CS4 After effects and have read alot of posts about how to animate a circle into a seem less loop without any stutter at the beginning of the loop...I need some help because I think I am missing something...my footage is 4 secs long and is a circle....can anyone help with a simple tutorial on how to loop the circle 360 degrees seemlessly...I keep getting the stutter ....how do I set up my key frames...thank you kindly......also i notice when I import footage and my play head is at the beginning of the comp and it says its at frame 0...the footage seems just a little forward then the red line on the play head....should I move the footage right to the play-head red line??? is that messing up my loop
thanks

Return to posts index

Joey ForemanRe: seemless loop rotation
by on Mar 15, 2010 at 12:34:16 am

I don't understand your question. What parameter are you animating?
You have a simple circle. And you're rotating it?
Did you offset the Anchor Point so you can see the rotation?

Please clarify and/or provide a screenshot or video capture.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: seemless loop rotation
by on Mar 15, 2010 at 12:35:36 am

Loops stutter when a frame is repeated. To avoid that stutter, you have to keyframe such that the last frame leads seamlessly back into the first frame. For example, if you are animating a rotation from 0 to 360 degrees and you want it to loop, the rotation on the very first frame of the comp should be keyframed at 0. The frame AFTER the last frame of the comp must be keyframed to 360 (or 1x). Just hit End to jump to the last frame, then Page Down to advance one frame beyond it.

If you keyframe the last frame of the comp instead of the frame after it, then the loop will appear to stutter, because the last frame will match the first frame (both will have a rotation of 0/360 degrees), and the loop will seem to momentarily pause when they are played back to back.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Joey ForemanRe: seemless loop rotation
by on Mar 15, 2010 at 12:41:27 am

You can set the 2nd keyframe on the last frame of the comp, then move the end of the Work Area one frame back.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: seemless loop rotation
by on Mar 15, 2010 at 12:46:59 am

True. You could also jump directly to the time, or place the keyframes on the last frame and drag them one frame forward.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

chris mclaughlinRe: seemless loop rotation
by on Mar 15, 2010 at 4:23:05 am

Hi Walter thanks for the quick response....very much needed info thank you and very straight forward....that works for me....creative cow to the rescue again...

Return to posts index

Lyndon AlvarezRe: seemless loop rotation
by on Feb 8, 2011 at 3:30:51 am

alt+click rotation stopwatch

type: value+time*70

change the number value for diff speeds

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]