ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

AE Render Que produces black final composition

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael HampshireAE Render Que produces black final composition
by on Mar 13, 2010 at 10:02:03 pm

Ok guys, I'm new to AE CS4 and have been messing around in it for a while without any problems. However today when i went to export my composition using Adobe After effects render que the final product came out all black, but it all showed up in the preview viewer as it was rendering. When I went to watch the video there was just black as if it didn't do anything. I exported using best settings, using lossless animation.

Here is what I have in the composition:
1 null object
1 35 mm camera
and 19 text layers- nothing major

My composition settings are 2560 x 768 using a D1/DV NTSC widescreen pixel ratio at 23.976 frame rate. And I'm using a macbook early 2008 with 4 gig a ram with plenty of disk space, Os snow Leopard 10.6.2 if that has anything to do with it. This is so frustrating as to why it won't show any words or anything else I have in the composition. Am I missing something here? The little "eye" icon is on for everything too by the way and everything plays just fine in after effects.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Return to posts index

Joey ForemanRe: AE Render Que produces black final composition
by on Mar 14, 2010 at 1:54:57 am

Just out of curiosity, what color is your text, and what color is the background?

Return to posts index

Michael HampshireRe: AE Render Que produces black final composition
by on Mar 14, 2010 at 6:06:12 am

white text with black background. I actually discovered its possibly a hardware limitation on my computer because its not good enough for any pro work that I do. If I cut the resolution in half in export the video its fine. I just really need it to be 2560x768 and not at half resolution.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved