ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

CG fake plane scene suggestions

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nate HurwitzCG fake plane scene suggestions
by on Mar 13, 2010 at 5:34:15 am

Hi guys,

I always say this, but I'd like to thank everyone for the help I've received in the past with suggestions, this forum is awesome!

I am working on a scene that I filmed with a friend of mine who was keyed out in order to be placed inside a fake plane. The camera is placed facing the side of the plane where you can see the character through a window.

I am trying to get this to look as realistic as possible (in the 2d realm). The scene takes place during late afternoon (while the sun is setting). The only thing that is missing in this sequence are clouds in the foreground which I am throwing in. You can see the reflection of the clouds on the plane body's surface along with some light streaks I threw in to make the body more dynamic.

These are all 2D layers with a camera layer and a spotlight to create a glare. I am also using Andrew Kramer's flare effects to create a soft foggy glare over everything.

You can view the file here:

If you have any suggestions I would love to hear any advice, thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Joey ForemanRe: CG fake plane scene suggestions
by on Mar 13, 2010 at 6:09:48 am

You're off to a great start. If this is supposed to look like it takes place in the late-forties, early fifties, you've succeeded brilliantly. Looks like one of the scenes from the Prelinger Archives on the joys of intercontinental air travel.

The actor looks like a character from Father Knows Best or something, but to be honest it kind of looks like he has one of those Jersey Shore spray-on tans.

There should be moving clouds reflected in the window. Those look too stationary. Well, they're okay for the ones in the far distance, but you should create some parallax movement with ones moving faster in the foreground.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved