ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

OPT-drag replace source comp in render queue?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg NeumayerOPT-drag replace source comp in render queue?
by on Mar 12, 2010 at 9:18:13 pm

I keep having this occurrence and was wondering if there's a shortcut I'm unaware of:

I have a project that is deliverable to both video and Flash, so I have some exports to do (to flv) as well as video. As I scroll back through my render queue to see what I had decided on for export settings, I'd love to simply duplicate (CMD-SHFT-D) my render queue item, then replace it's comp target with my new source comp, kinda like we can do with OPT-dragging project items to a comp to replace a source item. Can I do this in the render queue? The ability to copy and paste the settings from a render queue item would also work.

Sure, I can set up presets, but I just need a couple more outputs. Is there a quick fix?

Thanks,
Greg

Antifreeze Design
http://www.antifreezedesign.com

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: OPT-drag replace source comp in render queue?
by on Mar 13, 2010 at 12:32:32 am

I think that the fastest way to do what you want is to create and apply render settings templates and output module settings templates.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]