ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

OPT-drag replace source comp in render queue?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg NeumayerOPT-drag replace source comp in render queue?
by on Mar 12, 2010 at 9:18:13 pm

I keep having this occurrence and was wondering if there's a shortcut I'm unaware of:

I have a project that is deliverable to both video and Flash, so I have some exports to do (to flv) as well as video. As I scroll back through my render queue to see what I had decided on for export settings, I'd love to simply duplicate (CMD-SHFT-D) my render queue item, then replace it's comp target with my new source comp, kinda like we can do with OPT-dragging project items to a comp to replace a source item. Can I do this in the render queue? The ability to copy and paste the settings from a render queue item would also work.

Sure, I can set up presets, but I just need a couple more outputs. Is there a quick fix?

Antifreeze Design

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: OPT-drag replace source comp in render queue?
by on Mar 13, 2010 at 12:32:32 am

I think that the fastest way to do what you want is to create and apply render settings templates and output module settings templates.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved