ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Distorted "pixelated" footage

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew KaseyDistorted "pixelated" footage
by on Mar 12, 2010 at 7:56:18 pm

I'm working on AE CS4, and this just recently started happening. When I have quicktimes in Animation or Uncompressed Standard Def, the image becomes all blocky and jagged, like it's being pixelated. I at first thought the Mosaic filter was on. This is very strange, no other footage looks this way. I've tried reinterpreting the footage, making sure I'm viewing it in Full quality, etc, but no luck. Anyone have any ideas?

I'm not sure how to post an images on here, but if someone could let me know how, I will.

Return to posts index

Greg NeumayerRe: Distorted "pixelated" footage
by on Mar 12, 2010 at 10:55:02 pm

Check the icons above your posting text field for adding images.

Antifreeze Design
http://www.antifreezedesign.com

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Distorted "pixelated" footage
by on Mar 15, 2010 at 2:17:13 pm

Just to double-check, your comp window is set to full res, right?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Matthew KaseyRe: Distorted "pixelated" footage
by on Mar 15, 2010 at 4:54:10 pm

Yep, comp window is at full-res. Whats really weird is that only these quicktimes are looking strange. I have other graphics made in AE and Photoshop that look fine within the same comp.

Return to posts index

Greg NeumayerRe: Distorted "pixelated" footage
by on Mar 15, 2010 at 5:17:05 pm

My logic would say it's your file, then. Double-check the file in other apps and see if you get the same problem. (in Quicktime or something else).

If it looks good there, it sounds like it's an interpretation issue. For starters, restart and clear your computer's brain and make sure it's not just being a freak on import. Sometimes I run into really weird issues just because my computer gets tired of scrambling for memory.

Antifreeze Design
http://www.antifreezedesign.com

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Distorted "pixelated" footage
by on Mar 15, 2010 at 5:17:44 pm

It sounds like you didn't interpret the footage in the proper field order.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Charlie AtlasRe: Distorted "pixelated" footage
by on Apr 23, 2010 at 12:19:17 am

Sometime in the last few weeks I began to have exactly the problem that Matthew described. I have been troubleshooting with every technique I can think of, but without success. I have another copy of AE CS4 on my laptop running the same OS (10.6.2) that shows the same files correctly. Everything plays fine in QT on both computers. Have anyone found an explanation or a solution to this problem?

Charlie Atlas

Return to posts index

Matthew KaseyRe: Distorted "pixelated" footage
by on Apr 23, 2010 at 3:13:20 am

Sorry I never responded to this. I have an AJA card, and apparently the AJA AE plug ins were the problem. If you trash the plug-ins, it should alleviate the problem of the pixelated Animation footage.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Distorted "pixelated" footage
by on Apr 23, 2010 at 3:15:19 am

I've heard of AJA causing odd playback of RAM previews before, but never this. Nice catch.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Charlie AtlasRe: Distorted "pixelated" footage
by on Apr 24, 2010 at 6:06:20 pm

Thanks that was the issue. I ran "uninstall Adobe AJA plugins" and everything is now OK.

Charlie Atlas

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]