ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Quicktime Renders Mac vs Windows-- Windows Washed Out

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian CoyneQuicktime Renders Mac vs Windows-- Windows Washed Out
by on Mar 12, 2010 at 9:46:05 am

Weird problem...

I'm using AE CS4 in Windows 7, and everything within the project works perfectly well.

But when I render out the project in Quicktime (most of the time uncompressed, but sometimes w/compression), the Quicktimes look really crappy on a Mac computer. They look GREAT on mine, but it really looks washed out, too bright, and with too little contrast. I mean, it's unwatchable.

Conversely, when the Ad Agency sends me Quicktimes from from their Post House, they are really dark and the contrast is seriously crushed.

It's not just a Quicktime problem... I deliver the final projects as Targa sequences, but I have to get them to add contrast, take down the brightness, and add back a some saturation.

It's not a monitor problem (1st thing most guys say), because I had my monitor professionally calibrated. Besides, the monitor would be SERIOUSLY bright to the point of being ludicrous. It's not just a minor tweak I'm noticing.

Maybe there's a bonehead setting that evens thing out that I don't know about?

Any help would be appreciated. I'm really great at using the program, but I'm seriously deficient in fundamental technical know-how.

Return to posts index

Alperen T. AyhanRe: Quicktime Renders Mac vs Windows-- Windows Washed Out
by on Mar 12, 2010 at 2:33:58 pm

do you have quicktime pro? If answer is "yes", you should remove your quicktime + codecs( like k-lite mega pack), and other players ( BS-player, media player classic, media player 11+ etc.)then reinstall them by the sort of: 1st codec pack, quicktime pro, other players. If the answer is "no" just install them by the sort of above.

As the problem you tell your color corrections just break video calibration, because of you can't see them by the right way. So if the above settings won't solve your problem, you should check your graphic card settings. First just return to factory settings, then try to calibrate by manually.

For more specification, I need to see your samples as screen caps. I hope these will help you..

Always cinema...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved