ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How do I get my video to look like this?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Olly Lawer
How do I get my video to look like this?
on Mar 11, 2010 at 8:57:41 pm

Hi,

I wondered if you could help. I am trying to get a washed out look to my video, while maintaining the colour in some of the image.

Here is an example of what I am trying to achieve. http://www.lambdafilms.com/portfolio/music-videos/kabeedies/

I am shooting on an EX1 and have both color and after effects.

What tips would you recommend when shooting and what settings do I need to change to achieve this result?

Your help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Olly Lawer

Return to posts index

Jason Fisher-Jones
Re: How do I get my video to look like this?
on Mar 11, 2010 at 9:06:45 pm

These days the rule of thumb is always to shoot your footage clean and flat. Trying to get an effect in camera means you have no latitude in post and your stuck with something that may not be quite right.

So expose correctly on the day, then you could simply use Levels and Hue/Saturation in After Effects for that particular effect.

Otherwise Color has much broader controls for fine tuning a look.

Return to posts index

Joey Foreman
on Mar 11, 2010 at 9:30:10 pm

You mean Color Finesse, don't you?

Isn't Color an app by that Pear Bartlett company?)

Seriously, though, that's just a simple desaturation, methinks.

Return to posts index

Alperen T. Ayhan
on Mar 12, 2010 at 1:32:33 am

I have FX1E and I've tried these settings: iris:3, shutter speed: 50, skintone detail: open, ae: increase a little bit. do not use too much light just be normal.. this is your preperation settings for shooting. then in after effects for color correction, use tint (fade %50), hue saturation and curves to increase contrast and bring red a bit up.. I haven't enough time to upload the result but as soon as I can, I will upload..

Always cinema...

Return to posts index

Illya Laney
on Mar 12, 2010 at 12:00:21 pm

Really easy effect to accomplish in Apple Color.

Dial back the saturation, crush the blacks and crank the whites. Notice there's basically no detail in the blacks or the highlights, but still some in the mid tones. I only see red/orange/browns as far as color goes so I'd suggest using the saturation curves in the secondaries to get that look. Here's a screen shot of what I'd do in the sat curves.

Motion Design, Color, Editing
Simulated Wood Grain Cabinet Inc.
Bunim-Murray Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]