ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

export OMF from AE CS4 on a mac?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kyle Romaneckexport OMF from AE CS4 on a mac?
by on Mar 10, 2010 at 4:48:03 pm

Hi all. I'm working on an project where I cut up some footage into a montage within AE. Now the audio engineer on the project wants an OMF of the audio.

There doesn't seem to be any OMF export option for mac's version of CS4. Is there any other format that could work? Can I at least export an EDL and reconstruct in some other program?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: export OMF from AE CS4 on a mac?
by on Mar 10, 2010 at 5:38:04 pm

You could investigate Automatic Duck or the new Boris thingy for FCP-AE integration. I don't know this for a fact, but they might work backwards going into FCP or Avid, from which you could go to OMF.

That's the problem with doing an edit in AE: it was never DESIGNED as an editing application, so it lacks an editor's bells & whistles.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: export OMF from AE CS4 on a mac?
by on Mar 11, 2010 at 3:47:03 am

i don't believe that you can export an omf from the mac version of ae... there is this from the manual:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/AfterEffects/9.0/WS3878526689cb91655866c1103a4f...

but it is for windows...

i'd let the audio engineer know that it's not possible to give him/her an omf from the mac version of ae, and ask for other options... (there are always other options).

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Kyle RomaneckRe: export OMF from AE CS4 on a mac?
by on Mar 12, 2010 at 4:00:00 pm

Thanks for the tips guys. I ended up just exporting the comp the premiere pro and exporting an OMF out of that.

Return to posts index

Zameer TamboliRe: export OMF from AE CS4 on a mac?
by on Feb 5, 2015 at 3:10:35 pm

IF YOU ARE WORKING WITH THE SEQUENCE ,THAT AUDIO FILES COMES WITH THE VIDEO FILES AUDIO SOURCE
( EMBEDDED AUDIO WITH THE VIDEO E.G. 5D CAMERA .MOV FILE WITH THE INTERNAL CAMERA MIC AUDIO.)

THEN YOU SHOULD NOT EXPORT .AAF …

BECAUSE WHEN YOU IMPORT THAT AAF IN TO PROTOOLS IT WILL ASK YOU TO LOCATE ORIGINAL SOURCE AUDIO MATERIAL.

IN THAT CASE PROTOOLS CANNOT RELINK THAT AUDIO WHICH IS EMBEDDED WITH VIDEO FILES. :(

AND YOU CANT WORK :( :(

SO DONT WORRY HERE IS THE SOLUTION

EXPORT ONLY .OMF WITH TRIMED AUDIO + HANDLE LENGHT OF 100 FRAMES.
BECAUSE SINGLE OMF FILE SHOULD BE BELLOW 2 GB IN SIZE ..(OMF SIZE LIMIT)

AND DONT FORGOT TO HANDOVER AUDIO FOLDER WHICH IS AUTOMATICALLY CREATED WHEN SAVING .OMF

;0 :)

IN END RESULT SOUND GUY HAPPY

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]