How do i get this?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin Craster
How do i get this?
on Mar 10, 2010 at 4:22:02 pm

Hi everyone.

Im interested in getting this effect:
http://a22.video2.blip.tv/2390001010295/Kmog-TheThingTitleSequence764.mov?b...

I have been playing around for days on end and got no where, Im fairly new to Ae so i feel like i missing something.

Im not so fussed on the text, i just want to be able to recreate the movie part where the move is going into the black background.

Cheers, Martin

Return to posts index

Erik Waluska
Re: How do i get this?
on Mar 10, 2010 at 6:14:21 pm

That link just goes back to this post - no movie.

Return to posts index

Martin Craster
on Mar 10, 2010 at 6:30:42 pm

whoops, here is the link

http://qemic.com/the-thing/

Return to posts index

Bob Root
on Mar 11, 2010 at 12:46:22 am

Hi Martin,

When you say "going to black in the background" my first guess is that you're talking about the flickering of the image.

If that's the case, you can apply a simple wiggle expression to the opacity on the layer you would like to apply the effect to.

So.....................

[option] click on the opacity stopwatch for that layer. This will open/enable your opacity expression for that layer.

Type wiggle(12,200) These are my random numbers just for this example. You can change the numbers to tweak your results, but this is a good starting point.

The first number in parentheses is the number of opacity changes per second. The second number is the range that your opacity will change.

My second guess is that you might be asking how to "feather" a layer into a black background.

If that's the case, you'll need to read up on masking layers within After Effects. I don't have any specific links, but I know they're out there. Unfortunately, it's a bit much to explain in a reply.

Regards,

Bob

Return to posts index

Martin Craster
on Mar 11, 2010 at 1:08:15 am

awesome. thank you very much!

Yeah i did some feathering, you reckon it could be burn or feathering on different key frames, as it seems to jump around

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]