ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Distort effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
William Saviola
Distort effect
on Mar 9, 2010 at 4:36:18 pm

Hello

I am trying to find an effect i it has to be in distort somewhere, where i can create the oppersite effect f the bulge effect

It can be done using CC cylinder however this is a long and annoying process and there must be a quicker method

If i could go in to minus in the bulge effect this would be the answer however you cant go in to minus in the bulge effect

Here is a example of what i want to do
From my example you can see a the solid in the middle with this effect and it also has the small symbols tht are curving around to

Thank you

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Distort effect
on Mar 9, 2010 at 4:48:49 pm

[William Saviola] "I am trying to find an effect i it has to be in distort somewhere, where i can create the oppersite effect f the bulge effect "

How about if you simply set the Bulge effect's height to a negative value? Unless I misread your intent, that sure sounds like the "oppersite" of Bulge to me!

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

William Saviola
on Mar 9, 2010 at 5:14:50 pm

with the bulge effect you cant enter a negative value

I have used the warp effect with the style set t bulge how ever even with the layer collapsed i am still getting some pixelated edges

Would you know how to fix this with out blurring it ???

Thanks

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Mar 9, 2010 at 5:25:22 pm

[William Saviola] "...with the bulge effect you cant enter a negative value "

The following is from Adobe's Online Help about the Bulge Effect, which can be found here:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/AfterEffects/9.0/WS3878526689cb91655866c1103a9d...

"Bulge Height The apparent depth of the bulge. Positive values push the bulge toward the viewer. Negative values pull the bulge away from the viewer."

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

William Saviola
on Mar 10, 2010 at 3:31:04 pm

Thanks Dave

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
on Mar 11, 2010 at 1:23:37 am

This isn't really any easier than using CC Cylinder, but I thought you might be interested to see how it works.

I've included a link to an image that you can use with the Effect > Distort > Displacement Map effect on an Adjustment Layer at the top of your layer stack to create a cylindrical distortion. Try using 100 for the horizontal and vertical displacement.

611_distort.psd.zip

This image may need to be resized for your composition.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]