ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Tracking issues...pre-emptive strike.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nico JonesTracking issues...pre-emptive strike.
by on Mar 8, 2010 at 11:28:53 am

Hi guys,

I'm doing some tests for an upcoming video but am running into some issues.

What's the best way to map something (could be text, picture or video), onto a board that someone is holding, flipping round etc?

I've shot a test, and tracked the corners of the bord without problems, but getting that information onto the corner pin effect of another layer isn't working as I'd hoped. It's causing weird glitches, or not putting the data in the right place. Copying/pasting the tracking data onto the corner pin effect then moving all of the keyframes in one go to the right starting point isn't working either.

Clearly I'm going about this the wrong way. Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Nico

Return to posts index

Chaddix MalchowRe: Tracking issues...pre-emptive strike.
by on Mar 8, 2010 at 5:59:56 pm

hey it kind of sounds like youre going have to go in manually and move the attach points to the exact point of the track. are your points that you picked out of high enough contrast? are your search and feature region of the right sizes?

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Tracking issues...pre-emptive strike.
by on Mar 8, 2010 at 6:09:43 pm

Most often users have issues when the layer to be pinned isn't of the same size as the comp. Try precomping the layer and then applying the trackers.

Also, for 4-point tracking in AE, I find more accuracy when tracking each point individually. Once all four points are tracked, you link them via Expressions to the corner-pin effect.

Of course Mocha is Mo-better. If you're running Mocha, their site has a few tutorials including one that covers a similar effect as the one you're pursuing.

Good Luck
RoRK

Sell your AEPs with broadcastGEMs' DVD series of templates. Click here for more

Return to posts index

Nico JonesRe: Tracking issues...pre-emptive strike.
by on Mar 9, 2010 at 9:34:48 am

Thanks for the help chaps,

I've tracked the corners of the board no problem, I'm just having trouble getting the info onto the corner pin effect.

So what I'm tracking onto the board needs to be the same size as my comp? That might cause issues as the board isn't 'comp sized'.

What are the expressions I'd need to use to link the data? I don't have mocha.

Many thanks,

nj

Nico J BB

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Tracking issues...pre-emptive strike.
by on Mar 9, 2010 at 11:42:26 am

If your insert layer is not of similar size to the comp, you should get better results with CC Powerpin. There are lots of previous posts on this topic. You will do well by mining them, here at the COW.

As for Expressions, you only need to link the tracker idata to the appropriate corner pin points. Alternatively, you can copy the data and paste it onto the corner pin parameters.

IN the future, you receive better replies if you describe the issues you have. For example, are the points drifting - all the points or one/two etc - is your insert image distorted. Describing the issue gives folks here a better idea as to the cause of your issues.

HTH
RoRK

Sell your AEPs with broadcastGEMs' DVD series of templates. Click here for more

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]