ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

OT: C4D training for an AE artist

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom MastersOT: C4D training for an AE artist
by on Mar 7, 2010 at 4:39:34 am

I posted this request on the C4D boards, but did not get any response, so I figured maybe I would get some advice here:

I am looking for a good training book for C4D.
I am a very experienced AE artist and have very good knowledge of the principles of CG, but have never tackled learning a 3D app.

Something along the lines of Trish Meyers AE book, but for C4D would be great.

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Antony BuonomoRe: OT: C4D training for an AE artist
by on Mar 7, 2010 at 10:31:02 am

I went through a similar process, eventually getting a reasonable handle on C4D through a variety of sources: as an introduction I went through the C4D courses at, these were a really good intro to the interface and basic concepts. With that on board I joined - as I set myself more and more complex projects I used the cafe to get answers to specific problems I was having, or ways to approach a piece. The people there are every bit as helpful and approachable as on the Cow. Finally, I would occasionally use

If you are willing to invest in a book than I would advise instead investing in a couple of online subscriptions. I found I learnt a lot quicker and more easily using a structured approach and although a book does give you that I found the extra interactive nature of doing things online and seeing video tutorials suited me much better.

Good luck.

Vertigo Productions

Return to posts index

Post removed.

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved