ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Fitting CS4 PAR into a CS3 PAR workflow

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark CurryFitting CS4 PAR into a CS3 PAR workflow
by on Mar 7, 2010 at 12:19:49 am

OK, this one is quite a mind field, but here goes. I've spent some time reading up on the new PAR (pixel aspect ratio) that CS4 uses. Excellent articles here and here. My primary question is what to do when I have a mix of the old PAR and the new. Specifically, I want to create DV widescreen Photoshop files and DV widescreen AE comps and bring the photoshop files into Apple DVD Studio Pro 4 and the AE movies into Apple Compressor 3.5 then DVD Studio Pro. Now, I understand that FCP 7 has been updated to the new PAR, but I'm guessing that DVD SP hasn't and perhaps Compressor as well. What should my PS document and AE comp be in order to avoid issues down the workflow path? By the way, NTSC DVD's are always 720x480 (not 486).

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Fitting CS4 PAR into a CS3 PAR workflow
by on Mar 8, 2010 at 6:17:23 pm

Much ado about nothing much actually. I would just work within the PAR that your NLW is expecting since the difference between the two PARs is negligible and highly unlikely that anyone would notice the difference.

Sell your AEPs with broadcastGEMs' DVD series of templates. Click here for more

Return to posts index

Mark CurryRe: Fitting CS4 PAR into a CS3 PAR workflow
by on Mar 8, 2010 at 7:34:00 pm

Thanks Roland, this is good to hear. I have come across others stating this as well. I should do a test to satisfy myself, but for now I'm going to stop bearing myself up over this and get to work.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved