ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

text animation presets question

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mary Waitrovich
text animation presets question
on Mar 5, 2010 at 1:23:33 pm

I have about fifty different words in a random cloud shape that I want to have appear one by one in about 3 seconds. Is there a text animation preset for this? Do I have to put each word on a different layer? Can I make my shape with words on separate layers (or the same layer) in either Illustrator or photoshop and then import into AE for the animation? If so, what method would I then use to do the animation?

thanks much for any answers.

Mary Waitrovich
Media Plus You, LCC

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: text animation presets question
on Mar 5, 2010 at 2:17:19 pm

[Mary Waitrovich] "I have about fifty different words in a random cloud shape that I want to have appear one by one in about 3 seconds. Is there a text animation preset for this?"

This page gives you links to a comprehensive list of the text animation presets as well as a gallery. It also links to some tutorials you will find useful.

[Mary Waitrovich] "Do I have to put each word on a different layer?"

Depending on how you're doing the animation.

[Mary Waitrovich] "Can I make my shape with words on separate layers (or the same layer) in either Illustrator or photoshop and then import into AE for the animation?"

Yes. You could also use Wordle.net and save it as a pdf, open it in illustrator and separate it into layers. (This tutorial sorta mentions it)

[Mary Waitrovich] "If so, what method would I then use to do the animation?"

Keyframe it by hand, use expressions, or use a particle generator and the words as particles.

There are a lot of possibilites here. I hope I've pointed you in some interesting directions that will get you going on the path.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Mary Waitrovich
Re: text animation presets question
on Mar 5, 2010 at 3:46:26 pm

Thank you oh Great Szalam! ;>D
I will definitely delve into the directions in which you have pointed me.
Mary

Mary Waitrovich
Media Plus You, LCC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]