ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Stabilize Motion

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chermaine WuStabilize Motion
by on Mar 4, 2010 at 6:47:05 pm

Hi there,
I am making some videos for a client and what i need to do is to use a real person's eyes and mouth and key them with on object for example on an apple. Please see the following video

I know those eyes and mouth are from a real person. I just don't know how can those mouth and eyes can stay so stable. I tried using Stablize Motion to track and it couldn't achieve that result.

While we are filming the footage, we asked the talent try not to move too much but it's hard to control the facial expression.

I am just wondering if there's any tips on doing that?

Thanks and appreciated any reply.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Stabilize Motion
by on Mar 4, 2010 at 8:57:42 pm

[Chermaine Wu] "...we asked the talent try not to move too much..."

Not good enough. You need to build a physical rig to prevent any motion of the talent's head.

You know, of course, that the motion in that puppety thing is added AFTER the face is composited on it, right? And that in the composite, the talent's mouth and eyes aren't in the precise same location as in real life, right? And that, in fact, the eyes are a little bigger than in real life, right? And that they did some VERY careful rotoscoping and color grading, right?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Chermaine WuRe: Stabilize Motion
by on Mar 4, 2010 at 9:08:06 pm

Hello Dave,
Thanks for your reply. I know that puppety thing is added AFTER the face is composited on it. and i know the eyes are bigger than in real life. Also, i understand that the talent's mouth and eyes aren't in the precise same location as in real life. i think the eyes, the mouth and the puppety thing are all in different layers. let's say at least 3 different layers.
I am just wondering if i can get the same result using After Effect 2D compositing and that the mouth and eyes are really stable.

Thanks

Return to posts index

by on Mar 4, 2010 at 9:14:14 pm

[Chermaine Wu] "I am just wondering if i can get the same result using After Effect 2D compositing and that the mouth and eyes are really stable. "

You sure can! Now go build that rig for the head.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Chermaine WuRe: Stabilize Motion
by on Mar 4, 2010 at 9:24:13 pm

haha, ok,
And what's about tracking the eyes and mouth as the objects move like at the time "1:58 - 2:00" on the following video

When they were filming it, do they need to put dots or something on those oranges so as the oranges (dots) rotate/move, the eyes and mouth can rotate too?? It seems like there're more work need to be prepared/done in order to get this works.

Thanks

Return to posts index

by on Mar 5, 2010 at 12:12:17 am

[Chermaine Wu] "It seems like there're more work need to be prepared/done"

Sure is. And they don't dwell on that shot, either. My guess is tracking points on the oranges, too.... and a LOT of takes until they got them to roll just the way they wanted.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]