ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

xdcam no show

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Blake Harrington
xdcam no show
on Mar 3, 2010 at 3:04:58 pm

I have a client sending me hd footage he shot that is quicktime and he said it is xdcam. When I open the footage in after effects it has audio but no video. Is there a way to get xdcam movies working in after effects throuch a download or plug-in? Also he is working on a macs and I'm using a pc. Could that be part of the problem? Should I just tell him to convert his files to Quicktime with Animation codec?

Return to posts index

Lee Warner
Re: xdcam no show
on Mar 3, 2010 at 3:18:24 pm

XDcamHD files are in the mxf format not quicktime.

From Adobe

#

XDCAM HD and XDCAM EX
Note: After Effects can import Sony XDCAM HD assets if they were recorded to MXF files. After Effects cannot import XDCAM HD assets in IMX format. After Effects can import Sony XDCAM EX assets stored as essence files with the .mp4 filename extension in a BPAV directory. For information about the XDCAM format, see this PDF document on the Sony website.

http://pro.sony.com/bbsccms/assets/files/micro/xdcam/articles/XDCAM_WhitePa...

Lee
CTV Calgary

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: xdcam no show
on Mar 3, 2010 at 3:41:30 pm

[Blake Harrington] "Should I just tell him to convert his files to Quicktime with Animation codec?"

Having the client to the conversion is absolutely the best, and that's a fact.

The client could also use Quicktime's PNG format, which is also lossless but results in smaller file sizes, it that's an issue. Another alternative is for the client to make image sequences, which are also lossless and have greater bit depth -- a tiff sequence, a targa sequence, etc.

Don't forget that AE defaults to assigning a frame rate of 30fps to image sequences, so you'll probably need to conform image sequences in AE's Interpret Footage settings.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]