ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Adjusting text presets in the timeline

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nelson May
Adjusting text presets in the timeline
on Mar 2, 2010 at 4:36:48 pm

I am starting to dive into text and I have hit a wall. I am using the CS4 classroom in a book. When I apply a a text preset from bridge, (that is how I see which effect I want to use), when I open the properties for that preset, I can't move the key frames. The keyframes are small black dots. I like the preset in its entirety, but the preset starts at the time indicator, but sometimes the preset takes a while to fade in etc. I want to have better control over the timing or the two keyframes. maybe I am not far enough along yet, but can the text expression keyframes be selected and dragged along the timeline like other keyframes?

Cheers

MBP 2.4GHz 4MB RAM, 30"cine, MAC PRO 2.6 8 core 6GB RAM, Mbox, Neumann TLM-103, FCP HD 7. Pro Tools 8, Adobe Creative Suite, Reason 3.0, Macromedia Studio, ProAnimator, HVX200 with Firestore v4.0

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Adjusting text presets in the timeline
on Mar 2, 2010 at 4:42:59 pm

[Nelson May] "when I open the properties for that preset, I can't move the key frames. The keyframes are small black dots"

That's because you didn't open the properties that are actually animated. Just highlight the layer in question, and hit "uu" -- that's the u key 2 times fast. AE will reveal all the properties that have been changed from defaults.

If you just want to see the keyframes, highlight the layer and hit the u key once.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jeremy Allen
Re: Adjusting text presets in the timeline
on Mar 3, 2010 at 6:48:36 pm

Also, here is a recent tutorial from Motionworks. It may help expand your basic understanding of how to work with and manipulate animation presets..

http://www.motionworks.com.au/2010/02/magic-from-presets-1/

---------------------------------------------
8core MacPro, 3.0 GHZ, 10GB RAM, OSX 10.5.6

C4D 11.5
AE CS3
FCP 6.0.1

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]