ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to animate a tangerine peel into a person

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Olly Lawer
How to animate a tangerine peel into a person
on Mar 2, 2010 at 1:39:51 pm

Hi,

I am very new to after effects and a potential client has asked me if I can animate a tangerine peeling into a person. At this stage the answer is no, but maybe someone here could direct me to a how to page?

Kind regards,

Olly Lawer

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: How to animate a tangerine peel into a person
on Mar 2, 2010 at 2:18:07 pm

Are they wanting a tangerine to peel revealing a person inside rather than delicious fruit? If so, why not do it practically? Get some material and coat it with stuff to make it look like citrus peel and put your actor inside it. Practical stuff almost always looks better than digital. (Also, it's more fun.)

If it must be digital you would need footage of a tangerine being peeled and then you could compose your person (shot on a green screen) into the shot.

As someone new to After Effects, you will find this page and ALL of it's links to be very helpful. (Many folks are particularly fond of the free VideoCopilot training linked from there.)

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Mar 2, 2010 at 5:01:43 pm

Glad to know you have a client with an active imagination.

As Michael says, it's best to do this as a practical effect, with a tangerine suit or something.

The next-best-looking alternative is to learn a really good 3D application and AE simultaneously in the next couple of weeks to pull it off in the computer. This is the stuff of Hollywood films, not of an aspiring AE practitioner.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Olly Lawer
on Mar 2, 2010 at 6:02:46 pm

I couldn't agree with you more.

Thanks for the advice and links! A great help.

PS it's so fun playing with AE - but takes hours of time!!

Olly Lawer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]