ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

AE swf import and export quality issues....

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David JasonAE swf import and export quality issues....
by on Mar 2, 2010 at 5:26:47 am

I've searched long and hard for help with my problem (Creative Cow and elsewhere), but can't seem to come up with a reasonable solution. I also haven't yet found this specific problem on Creative Cow, so please excuse me if it actually has been...

I'm creating an animation in AE in which I'm importing swf's from Flash. The swf's look great in Flash Player, but when I import them into After Effects, it appears as if I lose the vector. They look fine if I keep them at their imported size, but they lose quality as I increase it (it's like a jpeg without the white background). Is there a specific setting that I may be overlooking? My other problem is that no matter what I do I can't export my video at high quality, even if I export it as lossless. The composition looks great in After Effects, so long as I keep the swfs at their native resolution, but I just can't get my export to look good. If it helps, I'm working in CS3, 720x480, and my swfs have a lot of warm colors, mostly reds. My goal is to compose the whole animation in AE, then export for Final Cut to do sound. I've even tried testing my exports in Sorenson Squeeze 5, but then it looks even worse. I'd stick with animating in Flash, but my .mov exports look just as bad as AE.

Can anyone give me a hand, or point me in the right direction? Thanks a lot!

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: AE swf import and export quality issues....
by on Mar 2, 2010 at 8:13:21 am

Start here:
"Continuously rasterize a layer containing vector graphics"

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

David JasonRe: AE swf import and export quality issues....
by on Mar 2, 2010 at 8:12:44 pm

Thanks, that's just what I needed. I'm still having problems with exporting, but I'm moving in the right direction.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved