ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to get the best quality video using Keylight?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Petra KravosHow to get the best quality video using Keylight?
by on Mar 1, 2010 at 5:47:40 pm

I have captured my video using Premiere and then imported it into AfterEffectsCS3. I am quite new at using AfterEffects. I used keylight first to remove the blue background (after using pen tool for the mask around the person). I used Screen matte to change clip black and clip white settings while looking at the screen matte and status view, so the person came out all white and the background came out black. I also used clip rollback to reduce jagged edges and Screen shrink -1. I learnt this from adobe videoworkshops. Now, after doing everything what I should, the quality of exported video is still not the best(I used different compressors but its the same problem). After keylight effect I also added Brightness and Contrast filter to make the video a little bit lighter and then I put Photo filter on to make the person look warmer, as she looked blueish. I am not sure if this was the right thing to do. Anyway the video is temporarily located here: http://www.p-k-design.com/tina-videos.html
there is also some kind of flickering going on around the edges and certain parts and I don't why is that. How could I get a better quality of this video? I hope you can help me with this, as I've tried all kind of different things, but I don't really have experience to know what I should really use.
Thank you for your help in advance.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: How to get the best quality video using Keylight?
by on Mar 1, 2010 at 6:19:28 pm

Sorry, all I see is a Quicktime logo -- no video.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Petra KravosRe: How to get the best quality video using Keylight?
by on Mar 1, 2010 at 6:33:23 pm

oh, thats strange, because I did test it in Firefox and IE6 and it is working. I am now trying to upload it using the link here, but not sure how is going to come out now.

Return to posts index

Alperen T. AyhanRe: How to get the best quality video using Keylight?
by on Mar 1, 2010 at 9:54:59 pm

Hi, first of all I have to say that you do not need all these. ;) just take a look the video tutorial which is belong to Aharon Robinowitz. You will see how your opinion will change.. here is the link: http://library.creativecow.net/articles/rabinowitz_aharon/junk_mattes.php

Return to posts index

Petra KravosRe: How to get the best quality video using Keylight?
by on Mar 2, 2010 at 3:21:04 pm

Thank you very much Alperen for the link to this great tutorial. Now.. I followed it from beginning to end to remove the blue screen from the video. I can see the results are better. However, I still get kind of flickering or kind of moving pixels on screen. Not sure what that is and how to get rid of it. Any ideas?
the video is located here:
http://www.p-k-design.com/test-video.html

Return to posts index

Alperen T. AyhanRe: How to get the best quality video using Keylight?
by on Mar 2, 2010 at 7:55:23 pm

ok, this may solve your problem: after you finished autotracing just close the keylight effect then your keyed footage will turn to original as keyed out. Flickering will be gone. After this make the whole composition one layer by pre-composing. open a new adjustment layer above the pre-comp and then start color correction (curves, hue-saturation etc.) by adjusting adjustment layer.

Always cinema...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]