ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Apply animated texture to text without effecting glow

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Jenkis
Apply animated texture to text without effecting glow
on Feb 27, 2010 at 11:41:49 pm

I am attempting apply an animated texture to some text, both without affecting the color of the text, and without the texture overlaying onto the glow and drop shadow that is on the text, and without affecting all the other objects on the timeline.

Right now I have the text with the glow and drop shadow on it. If I put the texture layer above it and choose overlay, it applies the texture both to the glow of the text and drop shadow of the text, and to all the other objects I have in the project as well (that are below it on the timeline).

I'm guessing the first thing I need to do is get the glow and drop shadow out of the text layer, but how do I do that and still have it glowing the same as if it were applied to the text?

Secondly is making the texture only affect the text layer itself, and not everything else.

Return to posts index

Brian Charles
Re: Apply animated texture to text without effecting glow
on Feb 28, 2010 at 1:38:38 am

Starting from scratch put the text layer above the texture layer and set the texture layer to use the text layer as an Alpha Matte.

Make a new Comp and drop this Comp into it then add your glow and shadow.

568_mattedtext.aep.zip

Return to posts index

Alperen T. Ayhan
Re: Apply animated texture to text without effecting glow
on Mar 3, 2010 at 1:05:54 pm

(My english is not so good) If I understand your question in the right way, you just need to apply texture to the text by using blending options without any effects. then pre-comp the both layer. after this, apply your effects, filters etc.

Always cinema...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]