ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Feature Request for Todd K

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bruce WainerFeature Request for Todd K
by on Feb 27, 2010 at 4:59:08 pm

Since the feature request page lacks AE, I thought I'd ask here. This is mainly for Todd Kapriva (spelling?), so he can hopefully add it manually. I do want to know what everybody else thinks, though.

Windows 7 has the ability to show a progress bar in the task bar icon of an application. I suggest that After Effects use the Windows API to show this during renders, both ram previews and actual rendering from the queue. This feature might also be nice in the Media Encoder, Photoshop, and maybe Dreamweaver, since those programs are usually minimized or in the background while rendering or uploading (I usually catch up on emails or facebook, etc. during renders).

Does anyone else think this would be useful? It seems like a minor thing to me, but someone on the programming team would have to learn the ins and out of the API (I think its in the regular Windows API, but I'm not sure since I'm not a programmer).

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Feature Request for Todd K
by on Feb 27, 2010 at 6:32:38 pm

The feature-request form is only missing After Effects for a few days, while our web team fixes a bug.

Try submitting this again on Tuesday.

Here's the link: feature-request/bug-report form

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Bruce WainerRe: Feature Request for Todd K
by on Feb 27, 2010 at 7:17:12 pm

OK, thank you. What do you think about it though?

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Feature Request for Todd K
by on Feb 27, 2010 at 7:19:32 pm

This already happens on Mac OS. Doing it on Windows, too, seems like a fine idea. But I don't make those decisions.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

by on Feb 27, 2010 at 10:06:19 pm

understood. I had a feeling Windows was behind like always...

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Feature Request for Todd K
by on Mar 1, 2010 at 2:06:18 pm

Windows isn't always behind. They're first in viruses! :D

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

by on Mar 3, 2010 at 12:00:19 am

No Joke! But, I haven't ever gotten a virus myself, just removed them from relative's computers.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]